Novena to St. Lawrence O'Toole
Novena to St. Lawrence O’Toole
Feast day November 14th,
Say each day from November 6th–14th
O holy patron and glorious St. Lawrence O’Toole, you served God in humility and confidence while on earth. You fearlessly guided your community in the way of self-sacrifice, despite criticism. Unselfishly, you labored for the Church and dearly loved your people. You gave your life as witness to Christ as a peacemaker and reformer. As you gave yourself completely to God, you also gave to others. You persevered until your death and gained the crown of eternal life. Intercede for us now in our needs and troubles.
R/ St. Lawrence O’Toole pray for us.
- That we will love God and one another… R/
- That we may not be afraid to be people of peace… R/
- That we may realize the need for prayer in all we do… R/
- That we may be good friends to those in need at home and throughout the world… R/
- That we may be leaders by our good example to one another… R/
- That we may always treat others with dignity… R/
- That our priests and bishops, through the Holy Spirit, may receive wisdom in leading, faithfulness in teaching and holiness in guarding the sacred mysteries… R/
- And for the special intention we now ask in the quiet of our hearts (here mention your request)… R/
Say one Our Father, one Hail Mary and one Glory Be.
Let us pray.
O God, your servant, St. Lawrence O’Toole knew the importance of standing firm and doing what is right, even in the face of criticism. As your holy and chosen people, we too are called to be saints, and to be the light of the world and the salt of the earth. May we follow the example of St. Lawrence O’Toole to be a beacon for peace, reconciliation and justice in our world. Amen.