CDA 100th Anniversary History - Part 3
According to old court records CDA meetings were originally held over Mergardt's Grocery Store on Main St. By 1921 meetings took place in the Forester Hall on Main St. Members joined CDA by invitation only and once accepted took an oath not to reveal the workings of the order. In 1922 the K of C purchased the Walter Brewster House. The CDA donated $50 to the K of C for their new home and in Nov. started holding their meetings there. The ladies also cleaned the building.